GIS GE’s are not available during Summer Term.
Spring 2017 GIS GTFs Hours
- Monday: 8am – 12pm
- Tuesday: 8am – 4pm
- Wednesday: 8am – 12pm and 2pm – 6pm
- Thursday: 8am -12pm and 2pm – 6pm
- Friday: 8am – 12pm
- Dongmei Chen: email@example.com
- Christine Grummon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSIL Desk 541-346-2547
ArcGIS 10.4 Software
ArcGIS Desktop is a mapping software created by ESRI. ArcGIS allows you to analyze your data and author geographic knowledge to examine relationships and test predictions.
System Requirements: ArcGIS is designed to run on a Windows operating system.
**Mac users will need to acquire and install a copy of Windows using bootcamp before continuing. Due to the heavy demand on computer resources, Parallels does not work very well with this software.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Installing ArcGIS Desktop:
1. Acquire ArcGIS software. A digital copy is available for download at the University software webpage. A physical copy can be checked out from the information technology room in Mckenzie 151.
2. Install ArcGIS Desktop through the setup option.
3. Next, you will need to enter the license server name. This is: is-arcgis.uoregon.edu
4. While connected to the UO Network, open the ArcGIS administrator (Start > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Administrator) and enter the license server name with Advanced (ArcInfo) Concurrent license selected.
5. Off-campus users: VPN client will be needed! If you are not connected to the UO Network, the software can not verify your license and you will not be able to use the program. Every time you use ArcGIS you MUST be connected via VPN if you are off-campus.
* Be sure to check the ESRI website for updated service packs.