⚠ For the most current information about the University of Oregon’s coronavirus response, please visit uoregon.edu/coronavirus. SSIL services are adversely affected by the temporary changes to university operations.
SSIL is closed until further notice. Virtual lab computers are now available for students and staff.
The Social Science Instructional Labs (SSIL) are PC based computer labs designed to assist students, staff, and faculty with innovative instructional technology applications in the social sciences. Our facilities include two instructional labs and an additional user lab with PC workstations.
- McKenzie 442 (Big Lab): 34 stations + instructor station (under social distancing, 18 stations)
- McKenzie 445 (Small Lab): 27 stations + instructor station (under social distancing, 10 stations)
- McKenzie 444 (Advanced Lab): 9 stations (closed under social distancing)
We specialize in providing the university community with access to Geographic Information Systems and statistical modeling and analysis software packages. We also provide general GIS advising and assistance to the university community (refer to the GIS tab for our online help resources).
Our labs are available for instructional use, general use, and special workshop or training events. Please note that SSIL is independent of the UO Library-managed McKenzie Computing Lab. If you have any questions please contact the SSIL Lab Consultant Desk in 460H Mckenzie Hall, 541-346-2547
SSIL no longer conducts exam proctoring. Please contact the Online Exam Center for more info and assistance.
Fall / Winter / Spring Terms
(regular lab hours are suspended until further notice)
- Monday through Thursday: 8am – 10pm
- Friday: 8am – 6pm
- Saturday: 11am – 6pm
- Sunday: 11am – 10pm
- Monday through Friday: Varies
- Saturday and Sunday Closed
SSIL is Closed
- Thanksgiving Vacation
- Winter Holiday Vacation
- Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- Spring Vacation
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- End of Summer Session through Start of Fall