In collaboration with the UO Department of Geography, SSIL houses two graduate employees skilled in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and GIScience. Like SSIL consultants, GIS GEs assigned to SSIL help manage day-to-day operations of the labs. In addition, GIS GEs provide instructional support for GIS courses in SSIL. GIS GEs also provide one-on-one lab assistance and coursework advising to SSIL GIS students. This is done in support of the students’ primary course instructor(s) and GE(s). GIS GEs can also provide technical GIS advising to UO faculty and students interested in conducting geospatial analysis and research.
⚠ GIS GE Service Alerts:
SSIL is closed until further notice. Virtual lab computers are now available for students and staff.
The final day for Spring 2020 GE Virtual Help Desk is Thursday, June 11. GIS help is not offered during the summer.
Please use the “GIS GE VIRTUAL HELP DESK” link to initiate new support cases. Use the Direct Chat links to talk to individual GEs about ongoing/unresolved support cases.
Get help from the GIS GEs virtually,
(unavailable during summer):
💬 GIS GE VIRTUAL HELP DESK 💬
Fall 2020 GIS GEs Schedule
TBD – @uoregon.edu
Direct Chat 💬 | Geography Dept Profile 🌎
◾ Mon: 10am – 1pm
◾ Tue: 1pm – 4pm
◾ Wed: 10am – 1pm
◾ Thu: 1pm – 4pm
◾ Fri: 10am – 1pm
Need help accessing Microsoft Teams?
- Using the virtual help desk link above, you will be prompted to open Teams on your computer, use the web app through your browser, or download the app.
For most support cases, the web app will suffice.
- Sign in using your UOregon email and password (email@example.com).
- Once online, you will be able to send instant messages or request a voice or video call
- Screen sharing is also supported through the Windows and Mac apps (unavailable on mobile or web browser).
- The on-call GE will respond to submitted support messages. If you would like help from a specific GE, use the “Direct Chat” links.
- Refer to this guide for how to get started with Microsoft Teams if you need more help.
SSIL Desk: 460H McKenzie Hall (closed until further notice)
SSIL Help Line: 541-346-2547 (unmonitored until further notice)
- Additional GIS help and resources are available from the UO Map and Spatial Data Librarian. See more info here
- Statistical consulting is now offered by the UO Library. See more info here